Tuesday 28 August 2012

Trial paint scheme for Dystopian Wars, Covenant of the Antarctic

So I said to ash, if I do your CoA black,like you wanted it will be to much like your Dropzone forces. I said as a 'off the cuff' idea, military use camouflage & your guys are surrounded by ICE, it make sense to paint them like icebergs / ice flows or whatever the proper term is. So here goes a trial scheme. The first photo is of my Russian carriers icebergs, they are deliberately over blued, otherwise if I did them realistic they would be WHIIIIITE, so artistic licence was used, my hope is his ships will look similar to this, in photo 1, you can see the carrier's icebergs.

Well as you can see the blue/white is done now, in photos 2 & 3. The guns and engine/moving parts are yet to be done, I'm thinking I will go copper for archimedes' screw. Guns I thinking leave alone on smaller vessels.

The forth photo is of the vessel with metal parts done, only thing left outstanding is the archimedes' screw device.





2 comments:

  1. I like the colour black, and you know how much I like to create fluff for my forces!

    I do like this scheme though. As for the screw, you know what my idea for them is, I don't wanna announce it on the blog until we know it works and be put down on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No yr "plan", cud b awesome so let's not spoil it. The, shall we call it the "temp, but cudnt be the final version" is gd though I think, after a few more ships, I will go back to first to update it.

    ReplyDelete