Tuesday 14 August 2012

A Post by the Other Guy!

As the Beard so eloquently put it in his introduction post, I am Atomic Ash, and I will also be posting to this blog.  The Beard claims his moniker comes from him having a bushy beard and is not because he's a beardy player. Some people would say that is a lie.

He is right when he says that our opinions do not reflect those of the owners of blogger. We'd probably be a horrible PR team for google to hire!

The games systems I'm playing at the minute are Warmachine, in which I'm playing Khador, Cygnar and Mercenaries, and Dystopian Wars, in which I'm playing the Covenant of Antarctica and Kingdom of Britannia. I do have a some Royal Marines for Flames of War, but the game has yet to really grab me. I enjoy World War II from an aviation perspective, but the infantry side of it does nothing for me. The Beard tends to lean towards any Russian themed faction going, so you can most likely guess who he plays in Warmachine/Dystopian Wars/Flames of War.

I can't paint for toffee (or coconut macaroons, a culinary speciality of the Beard) so I probably won't make many hobby based posts, those will be the responsibility of the Beard. Instead, my posts will lean more towards game mechanics, list building, tactics and battle reports. As for the 'why' of doing a blog in the first place? It gives me something to do on the long night shifts at work. As for the Beard, I suspects he just wants to bombard one of our wargaming friends with spam tweets about it whenever a new post goes up to see how he likes it, I just hope he'll wait while we've got some actual content up!

1 comment: