Thursday 30 August 2012

The adventures/misadventures of Chezhinka

Where O where to begin, I have decided to go a bit curve ball, ok a lot 'curve ball', with my Russian Confederate fleet carriers. As in I am going for slabs of ice fitted together for runway rather than wood, Crazy huh, lol.

Let me explain in very cold places they clear snow, to smooth ice, so planes can land. The carriers make icebergs. Wooden runways on ships, in real world, need replacing loads. So the carrier can resupply its runway whenever it wants using its generators.
  Ash likes the scheme, but as we like to pull each others pigtails, he called my mighty carrier, SNOWFLAKE. This translated into Russian is..........

Chezhinka

I like it, it's catchy, so I am taking ownership of the insult. It's staying as the carrier's name, Now what to call the other one, hmmmmmmmmm.

Iceberg = Aysberg, not sure


2 comments:

  1. Said this to you before and I'll say it again here - I like that that you painted the wear on the turntable going with the 'grain' of the planking.

    I do wonder if it might realistically be done in more of a cross shape - unless they make an effort to rotate the turntable into the same position every time something is coming in to land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I am working on theory that it wud lock in to the same place

      Delete